At Hobart Private Hospital we understand that the presence of patient’s friends, families and loved ones is important for their recovery.
Please read through the information below, to ensure you understand our hospital's policies before you arrive.
During the current phase of the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions visiting hours are as follows:
- Critical Care and Cardiology, Medical and Surgical Units:
- Two visitors that have been nominated by the patient may visit.
- Children under 16 are not encouraged to visit.
- All exemptions will need the approval of the Director of Nursing or delegate prior to visiting.
- One (1) support person and one (1) other nominated visitor
- Siblings may visit with the one (1) nominated person only during visiting hours
- Current Visiting Hours:
- 12.00-1.00 pm and / or 3.00-5.00pm daily
- All visitors must report to the reception or nurse station before visiting.
Please be understanding and patient with our staff at this difficult time.
Disclaimer: The above is subject to change, which is out of our control due to the ever-changing situation with Covid-19
There is both metered parking and multi-storied public car parking facilities within close proximity of Hobart Private Hospital.
The local bus terminal is also within walking distance of the hospital.
Emergency patient 'drop off' can occur at the front entrance and the Department of Emergency Medicine, once the patient is in the care of hospital staff the car must be moved.
Visitor meals can be purchased.
Please speak to someone at the nurse station to order a visitor meal.
There are certain risks involved when bringing food into the hospital.
If you wish to bring food products into the hospital please talk to a nurse at the nurse's station.
Hobart Private Hospital is a 'no smoking facility' in accordance with Tasmanian legislation.
Please see restrictions as above.
All visitors must report to the nurse station prior to visiting.