At Hobart Private Hospital we understand that the presence of patients’ friends, families and loved ones is important for their recovery.
Please read through the information below, to ensure you understand our hospital's policies before you arrive.
Masks are now required to be worn by all staff and visitors until further notice. Masks are available within the hospital at our reception desk, nurse’s stations and within the consulting suites.
During the current phase of the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions visiting hours are as follows:
Emergency & Day Surgery Units
- Visitors are not permitted inside these units unless approved by the Unit Manager at the time of presentation
Critical Care and Cardiology, Medical and Surgical Units:
- Two (2) visitors that have been nominated by the patient and are not interchangeable
- Children under 16 are not encouraged to visit.
- All exemptions will need the approval of the Director of Nursing or delegate prior to visiting.
- One (1) support person for the birth and postnatal period and two (2) nominated visitors who may visit daily during visiting time
- Siblings may visit with either of the two (2) nominated persons only during visiting hours
- The nominated visitors are not interchangeable
Current Visiting Hours:
- Level 1,2 & 4 11.00am - 5.00pm daily
- Level 3 12.00-1.00 pm and / or 3.00-5.00pm daily
All visitors must report to the nurse station before visiting and complete screening questions. A sticker must be visible at all times
There is both metered parking and multi-storied public car parking facilities within close proximity of Hobart Private Hospital.
The local bus terminal is also within walking distance of the hospital.
Emergency patient 'drop off' can occur at the front entrance and the Department of Emergency Medicine, once the patient is in the care of hospital staff the car must be moved.
Visitor meals can be purchased.
Please speak to someone at the nurse station to order a visitor meal.
There are certain risks involved when bringing food into the hospital.
If you wish to bring food products into the hospital please talk to a nurse at the nurse's station.
Hobart Private Hospital is a 'no smoking facility' in accordance with Tasmanian legislation.
Please see restrictions as above.
All visitors must report to the nurse station prior to visiting.