Keeping our patients and people safe
As COVID case numbers again rise across the state, we would ask the community to help protect our patients and staff. While we are welcoming visitors (see our visitor page for more details), we would ask that you:
- Consider if your visit to the hospital is necessary at this time
- Be fully vaccinated, perform a RAT test and return a negative result on your day of visit
- Wear a mask at all times while in the hospital
- Maintain social distancing and practice hand hygiene
- Please do not visit if you:
- Are feeling unwell
- Are a close or household contact of someone who is ill
Our thanks for your support and understanding.
Welcome to Hobart Private Hospital
The best people in medicine will care for you at Hobart Private Hospital and 24/7 Emergency Department. Here, the focus is you.
The expert surgeons, specialist doctors, obstetricians, nurses, midwives and other professionals will ensure that your holistic health care experience is the best it can be.
We are a leading local hospital renowned for patient outcomes in a range of clinical services including general and specialty medical and surgical, obstetrics, cardiology and angiography.
We also attract mums-to-be and growing families from right across Tasmania, because we are a premium private hospital renown for our maternity service.
For over 20 years, we’ve cared for the local community, and are proud to be one of the leading private healthcare providers in Tasmania.
Please be assured that while coming to hospital may be unsettling for some, we are Hobart Private, experts in caring for people. You’re in the very best hands.